Monday, April 7, 2008

Tintin movie on the way

Some seriously good news for us Tintin fans.

What? I never told you? Oh, Crom, yes, I am a huuuuuge Tintinologist. One of the first comics I vividly remember reading at the age of 5 was Tintin In Tibet. I've collected a few of the books over the years, with some of my favorites being:


















This one....

















And this one....

















And this one.
So, now I read how Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson are combining forces to create a live-action Tintin movie!!! By all Cthulhu holds holy, just think of the geek pedigree that movie will have! Casting so far, as I understand it, has Thomas Sangster (Liam Neeson's stepson in Love, Actually) as the intrepid boy journalist Tintin and the great Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock.
That chortling sound you hear rolling out from the Rockies is me.

No comments: